Monday, April 30, 2012

Four Legs and Lots of Love

So there was one thing I left out of my NYC trip post and it was this little man
I adopted "Bryer" (not sure about the name yet) this past weekend from in our hands rescue, which is located in New York.  Which means Saturday, Stacia, Colin and myself drove to Bronx to pick this little guy up (we left at 5 am).  I really am grateful for my amazing friends, there's not many people I can call on a Friday night and ask "hey want to drive to New York tomorrow morning and get a puppy?"  I really am truly blessed, 7 hours in a car is no joke and I really would have hated to do it alone.  

Bryer is adjusting nicely--he seems to think he's a big dog when in reality he only weighs about 13 pounds, watching him play with a 50 pound dog was hilarious and terrifying all wrapped in to one.  For the most part he's house trained, crate trained and an excellent sleeper.  

It was so hard leaving him this morning, I'm having a pretty intense case of separation anxiety, I started looking into puppy day cares/play groups...has anyone used these?  I mean the online reviews seem ok and it's certainly better for him so that he's not home alone during the day--any advice is welcome and appreciated! :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment