Friday, April 13, 2012

Getting Sentimental

My best friends daughter is turning 2 next month and its so hard to believe now that shes the walking running talking little toddler that she is that she once was this tiny little defensless little bundle....

It's amazing how much shes grown and how much shes changed, and she was born so close to mothers day that the first gift I gave the family was this...
It's a collection of pictures including ultra sounds, the day she was born and her first days at home.  The background is tissue paper and there's little "baby things" stickers surrounding the photos.  For Alexa's first birthday I made her a growth chart I don't seem to have a picture of the exact one I made her handy but below is an example of something very similiar...


Growing up as a kid my grandmother tracked our growth in the doorway of her kitchen, she has since sold her home and moved into a smaller place leaving all those memories behind so I thought having something that could be easily moved around would be nice.  Now that year 2 is fast approaching I'm stumped as to what to get this beautiful little girl.  Do any of you have any traditional birthday gifts? Suggestions are welcome! :)

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet, she looks like a happy child. It's nice that you made her previous gifts; it's much more thoughtful, she can look back and see how much you cared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!! That little girl is absolutely adorable. These pictures are great, thanks for posting them!

    ReplyDelete